5 Reasons to GET MOVING…TODAY!
1. Activity boosts endorphins! Struggle through your first workout…but walk out feeling GREAT!? This is an endorphin ‘rush’ or a ‘runners high.’ An endorphin rush may be likened to the after feeling of a funny conversation or a warm embrace. Those who exercise regularly have found that this ‘high’ can nearly be addictive! With a mild, sustained elevation in your heart rate, endorphins (natural hormones) are released in the body, which trigger a euphoric sensation! A great reason to be active…a natural ‘pick me up!’
Avid exercisers have reported in clinical research that YOGA and ZUMBA are two of the greatest ‘endorphin’ endorsers around!
2. Activity decreases your risk of disease and need for prescription medication! Although the decrease of disease risk seems too logical to discuss, just remember that your body was meant to be active…we were NOT meant to be couch potatoes. Among ailments and diseases that have been repeatedly proven to lessen with activity are diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, depression, anxiety, headaches, vascular disease, heart disease, heart attacks, obstructive sleep apea (OSA), dementia, high cholesterol, and more! Although medications may be necessary for many individuals we have proven time and time again, that regular activity can markedly reduce the need for prescription medications (esp. Lisinopril, Lopressor, Lipitor, HCTZ, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Insulin, Glucophage, and more). The studies are out there! And the proof is in print (http://buildingbodeez.net/proven-results.html).
3. Activity increases the likelihood of healthy relationships! A regular endorphin rush, as well as less aches and pains, and ultimately more energy will likely reduce depression, and increase your relationship satisfaction! Moreover, if you pick the right activity, with healthy folks, you may just find a new friend or a new community to enjoy.
4. Activity leads healthier joints! Natural range of motion and aches and pains slowly come about with age and sustained workload. Therefore, activity is imperative to keep the joints lubricated and functioning at a high level. Stretching after exercises is a fantastic way to decrease aches and pains! Try a JUMP STRETCH band for stretching post-workout or even at the end of a long day of yard work. You will be surprised that aches and pains lessen AND your range of motion will increase over time.
5. Activity doesn’t mean long hours on a treadmill! With recent wordlwide focus on fitness and wellness, activity no longer means mandatory hours spent walking on a treadmill! Daily chores is activity. Walking the dog is activity. Chasing your grandchild around the yard is activity. Fortunately, fitness centers are now renowned for a wealth of differing activities including group fitness, circuit and crosstraining, personal training, buddy training, outdoor training, and much, much more. Just ask us how to find ‘your fancy’ at Building Bodeez Fitness. (http://www.buildingbodeez.net).
Activity shouldn’t be thought of as a chore…its a priority. Put down the laptop, and get yourself moving…TODAY!