My post-holiday recommendations:
1. Track for the entire week before and after the holiday. (Track your meals and exercise). Do so honestly. Get into the mind set of what calories are where, and what type they are. Pay attention.
2. Give away left overs, or make healthy OPTIONS from the left overs. Send candy with your kids, or do what I did today, pack it up — and put it in the workplace office.
3. DRINK TONS AND TONS AND TONS of water and flush your system (remove the salt).
4. Sweat and boost your endorphins for the post-holiday emotional let down.
5. Pack snacks to offset excessive hunger from large quantities of food, and high glucose foods.
6. Do not starve yourself, your body will hold onto calories and not readily let them go.
7. Try something new at the gym! Take this opportunity to find something new to try while you regain your confidence post-holiday slump!
8. Don’t punish yourself for being “BAD.”
9. Get some sleep, and rejuvenate your body’s ‘overdone’ feeling.
10. Realize that one or two pounds ends up being 5 or 10 pounds if you become lazy or complacent. DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. 3 days of overeating is quickly controlled…10 days, or 20 days is NOT.
Remember to eat of the land, and not of the factory.