I wonder if Hal will sing Happy Birthday to Dave today? He has such a nice voice!
Today is Gary Brooker’s birthday. He’s the keyboard player in Procol Harum. I just love their new song, but what the heck are they talking about?
Dear dairy, Today is Ian Fleming’s birthday. He sure did give us material for some memorable movies!
Dear Dairy, May 23, 1961
After school don’t forget to turn on American Bandstand. Little Caesar and The Romans are on today, and will be singing one of my favorite songs. I played it last Friday night on the Jukebox at Murray’s restaurant!
Today is Kitten’s birthday! Happy Birthday, Lauren Chapin.
My post-holiday recommendations:
1. Track for the entire week before and after the holiday. (Track your meals and exercise). Do so honestly. Get into the mind set of what calories are where, and what type they are. Pay attention.
2. Give away left overs, or make healthy OPTIONS from the left overs. Send candy with your kids, or do what I did today, pack it up — and put it in the workplace office.
3. DRINK TONS AND TONS AND TONS of water and flush your system (remove the salt).
4. Sweat and boost your endorphins for the post-holiday emotional let down.
5. Pack snacks to offset excessive hunger from large quantities of food, and high glucose foods.
6. Do not starve yourself, your body will hold onto calories and not readily let them go.
7. Try something new at the gym! Take this opportunity to find something new to try while you regain your confidence post-holiday slump!
8. Don’t punish yourself for being “BAD.”
9. Get some sleep, and rejuvenate your body’s ‘overdone’ feeling.
10. Realize that one or two pounds ends up being 5 or 10 pounds if you become lazy or complacent. DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. 3 days of overeating is quickly controlled…10 days, or 20 days is NOT.
Remember to eat of the land, and not of the factory.